Tours and exhibits allow our visitors a glimpse into the life of a firefighter and the changes and advancements that have occurred in fire fighting throughout time. The museum is filled with one of a kind fire vehicles and antique fire equipment, which date back to the mid 1700’s. Kids of all ages will love the interactive judi online displays and hands on equipment. The North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum proves to be a remarkable experience and an unforgettable destination for the entire family, school group or other special guests.
North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum and Educational Center proudly announced its partnership with Blue Star Museums.
Blue Star Museums offers free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day, May 27, 2013, through Labor Day, September 2, 2013
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America.
Museum Coordinator Renee Frye stated, “We at the North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum and Educational Center understand the sacrifices members of the military and their families make on a daily basis, and as a small token of our appreciation, we are proud to participate in this wonderful judi bola program.
A complete list of participating museums is available at www.arts.gov/bluestarmuseums.
Everyone should has ever seen a fire truck speeding on the road at least once in a life time. But lets admit that not everyone know about the origin and the actual function of the fire truck itself. Thus, this article will give you a brief overview regarding fire trucks.
These are some of important aspects regarding fire trucks that you may want to know:
History: based on National Geographic, the initial fire truck was not even a truck. It was initially a hand pump fire apparatus that was transported by firefighters with giant wheels. They were not driving the giant wheels and pushed and pulled it instead. The initial self-propelled fire truck was only invented in 1841. The modern fire trucks have three different types. Tanker and pumper trucks that carry a huge amount of water, up to hundreds gallons, have around 9 meters long in size. This is also agreed by bettors of judi online. Ladder trucks that are utilized to extinguish the fire in skyscrapers and high rises have around 12 meters long in size. The ladders are able to be extended up to 29 meters. Not every fire truck has red color. Some of them have black, green, or white color, depends on the country of origin.
Equipment: the main purpose of fire truck is to transport firefighters and fire extinguisher equipment to the blaze scene instead of being the tool itself. Fire trucks have thick hoses with several hundred feet long with the diameter from 4.5 to 13 cm. It also carries fire hydrant twists and hose nozzles that help the firefighters attaching the hose onto the fire hydrant. Firefighters carry pike poles, fire extinguishers, axes, and ladders to pull the ceilings down and check for residues that may reignite the fire. There are also extrication tools to help people that are trapped in cars. One of them called Jaws of Life, which can help the firefighters to open the car doors if it has been mangled on an accident.
Speed: fire trucks, despite its big size, are able to speed up to 96 to 113 kilometer per hour. However, when they are faced with crowded road with heavy traffic and many street lights, they generally drive slower to avoid any traffic accident. Drivers on the road are expected to pull over when they hear a siren from a fire truck to let the truck arrive at the scene of blaze as soon as possible.
Passengers: at least 8 firefighters can board on a fire trucks a one time. The fire trucks driver is better known as the engineer. The engineer is trained specially to handle the fire trucks big size. Every firefighter haul their gear to the engine. The gear include the gloves, helmet, pants, and coats that will protect them from the fire.
The paragraph above already explain about some of the things you need to know about fire trucks. All are liked by bola88 player. It is important to understand the importance of this vehicle in the process of extinguishing fire and with the information mentioned above, hopefully your knowledge about fire trucks will improve.
If you are working in a company, having a fire drill at least once in six months should be pretty familiar for you. Fire drill is a very important practice to prepare employees to response sudden workplace fire safely, calmly, and quickly. This practice is strongly recommended to any type of workplace, regardless of their fire hazards because no one knows when emergency situations will actually strike in. In this article, we will explain several significant aspects about fire drill that you need to understand.
Some of the aspects that need to be understood about fire drill are explained on the list below.
The objectives of fire drill: some of the objectives of fire drill can be read on the following list below:
- Fulfilling the conditions provided by the local fire code
- Evaluating the effectiveness of procedures of evacuation and determining any significant adjustments or changes to the procedures to enhance performance
- Determining whether the employees have a good understanding regarding the procedures and are able to carry out the emergency duties
- Giving employees a chance to practice applying the procedures of emergency in a simulated and safe environment
- The frequency of fire drill: the frequency of fire drills heavily depends on both the fire hazards within your workplace and the requirements from the local fire code. If you are working within a workplace with high fire hazards, such as difficult exits within tall buildings or working with a lot of flammable materials, the recommended frequency for the fire drills is once every three months to the least. For normal workplaces, at least every six months, a fire drill should be conducted.
- Unannounced and announced: both supervisors and employees may prefer announced fire drills because it will be easier to minimize the disruption of workflow and organize the event. However, unannounced fire drill will measure the readiness of evacuation more accurately in most cases. Whether it is unannounced or announced, it will heavily depends on the purpose of the drill. For introductory purpose to new employees, an announced drill is preferable. Unannounced drill is more useful to see how people will react to the actual situations since emergency conditions always come suddenly.
- Evaluation of fire drill: the staffs that are responsible for the safety maintenance should observe and evaluate the drill immediately after the even to ensure the objectives of the drill are fulfilled and the workers are able to conduct the emergency procedures effectively and properly during the event. Some of the checklists include the function of fire alarm, communication system, locking devices, equipment shutdown, and how the employees handle the situation, such as checking the area, closing windows and doors, and following the evacuation routes and procedures properly.
The previous paragraph already explains about several important aspects on fire drill. Practice drills are very important to make sure every worker within the company is able to handle emergency situation properly and effectively to avoid unnecessary loss when the actual incidents happen in the future. All are in the opinion of agen Sbobet players as well.